Global Head of Digital Strategy
Paul began his career in 1982 Sydney Australia where he sold specialty chemicals for the Nalco Chemical Company, focused on the Asia-Pacific market.
While working in Asia, and later moving to Nalco's Head Quarters in Chicago, Paul held positions in sales, chemical product marketing, market development, process automation, engineering and information technology.
At Nalco, Paul has lead a number of innovation projects including: THE ENGINEERING APPROACH, a sales and service process utilizing customized CRM and a large Business Intelligence Warehouse system, and the development of Opticus®, a SCADA-based automated control system for specialized industrial processes. Paul was also part of the team that developed 3D Trasar®.
Before joining Clariant Paul then spent 7 years with Cytec (now Solvay) were he managed the company's entire Innovation Portfolio Processes, including for the aerospace and six specialty chemicals businesses.
Paul joined Clariant in 2011 where he has been both Global Head of Marketing for Oil and Mining Services and in October last year was promoted to his current position Global Head of Digital Strategy where he manages the development and deployment of Digital Strategies (IoT and Big Data), for the OiI, Refinery and Mining Business Lines.
Paul has an undergraduate degree in chemistry from the University of Sydney, and Graduate Diploma with Distinction in marketing from the University of Technology, Sydney. He has over 25 years of project management experience and member of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
2018 Agenda Highlights
Brand New Focus Areas In 2018: Detailed Approach To Production Chemicals Optimization
> PRE-CONFERENCE TRAINING COURSE & WORKSHOP: JUNE 26
> MAIN TWO-DAY CONFERENCE: JUNE 27 & 28
> HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE DISCUSSIONS ON DAY 1
- Improved Production Chemical Regimes: E&P plans of action & competitive strategies of success to optimize recovery & runtime at a profitable rate
- Maximize The Value Of Your Chemical Program: Correlate chemical cost per gallon and performance to establish the ROI of chemical programs
- New & Innovative Production Chemistries: Optimize chemical selection & injection to treat horizontal wells
- Optimal Injection Rate: Maximize well performance, achieve 100% schedule conformance and avoid over and under injecting
- Chemical Delivery Systems: Ensure chemicals reach optimal downhole depths to treat horizontals
- Smarter Paraffin & Corrosion Management: Tried-and-tested application to inhibit, control & eliminate paraffin
> HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE DISCUSSIONS ON DAY 2
- Optimal Chemical Monitoring Programs: Monitor chemical injection accuracy & timelines and chemical performance
- Monitor & Track Tank & Pump Levels : Know volumes of chemicals being used daily & monthly to avoid over-injection
- Scale Management Strategies : Learn how to manage scale with new chemicals & technologies
- H2S Treatment Strategies : Application of innovative non-Triazine based scavengers
- Unique Chemical Blends: Double and triple combination products to treat paraffin, corrosion, scale and/or H2S simultaneously
- Bacteria & TDS Monitoring & Treatment Regimes: Produced water management from a chemical perspective
- Optimize Chemical Delivery: Batch treatment | Continuous Injectionchieve