Sales Manager - Production Technologies
Thomas Swanson is a progressive leader within energy with over 25 years of experience in energy focused on innovative services and solutions. Mr. Swanson was appointed as Sales Manager with Schlumberger in April 2017 to expand the integrated production technologies and services in North America to meet current industry needs and future challenges on the horizon.
Prior to joining Schlumberger, Thomas was engaged as the Principle Global Energy Advisor for Swanson & Associates. In this transition role, he engaged directly with IOC's, specialty chemical manufactures, and service providers to promote strategy, business growth, production optimization, technology, and talent acquisition.
From 2014 to the end of 2016, Tom was employed with Victrex as the Director of the global energy business unit. In this role, he oversaw the development of thermoplastic and composite solutions with E&P's, oilfield service companies, and industry processors, which contributed to the development, industry recognition, and expansion of 3D printing and fully bonded thermoplastic pipes to replace traditional metallurgy.
Prior to joining Victrex, Tom was employed with Clariant, and held numerous progressive leadership roles within the oil Services business unit spanning 13 years. Positions included Business Director for North America and Strategic Director of Enhanced Oil Recovery. Tom began his career with Clariant Oil Services in 2001 as the Technical Manager for North America in the start-up phase of Clariant's strategic geo-market play.
From 1999 to 2001, Tom was employed by Brenntag where he was responsible for the sales of chemical solutions to oilfield and industrial manufacturers.
During the years 1992 to 1999, Tom was employed by Baker Hughes in a variety of roles including; Deepwater Account Manager, Technical Manager for Asia Pacific, and Global Application Development Specialist.
Tom received his BSc. degree in Chemistry from Sam Houston State University in 1991.
2017 Agenda Highlights
Brand New Focus Areas In 2017: Detailed Approach To Production Chemicals Optimization
> PRE-CONFERENCE TRAINING COURSE & WORKSHOP: JUNE 27
> MAIN TWO-DAY CONFERENCE: JUNE 28 & 29
> HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE DISCUSSIONS ON DAY 1
- Cost-Effective Chemical Optimization > Success Stories From The Permian & Bakken
- Drive Down Well Bore Failures To Reduce Artificial Lift Failures
- Manage The Negative Impacts Of Chemical Programs On Rod Pumped & Gas Lifted Wells Failures
- Chemical Solutions For Paraffin Management & Control To Save Remedial Time And Avoid Shut-Ins
- Smarter Paraffin Control & Remediation To Ensure Paraffin And Crude Continues To Flow, While Keeping Overheads Low
- Latest Out-Of-The-Box Alternative Wax Treatments That Are Raising The Industry Standards For Paraffin Management
- CO2 Corrosion Monitoring & Handling: Detailed Treatment Approach To One Of The Bakken's Biggest Cost Drivers
> HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE DISCUSSIONS ON DAY 2
- Achieve The Balance Between Production Volume & Chemical Cost And Treat Wells Using New Chemicals, New Delivery Systems And Automation
- Apply New Production Chemistries That Perform Better Than Industry Standards
- Treat Scale/H2S Build-Up In The Presence of Iron, Without Causing Production Losses
- Understand The Economics & Smart Operation Of H2S Scavengers To Optimize Chemical Spend
- Prevent Salt/Inhibition Deposition While Reducing Water Usage
- Cost-Effectively Combine Chemicals Usage And Water Treatment Equipment To Remove Contaminants And Meet Reuse Specifications
- Evaluate Innovative Chemical Injection And Delivery Systems To Ensure The Right Amount Of Chemicals Reach Optimal DepthsIn The Wellbore