Sales Manager - Production Technologies
Thomas Swanson is a progressive leader within energy with over 25 years of experience in energy focused on innovative services and solutions. Mr. Swanson was appointed as Sales Manager with Schlumberger in April 2017 to expand the integrated production technologies and services in North America to meet current industry needs and future challenges on the horizon.
Prior to joining Schlumberger, Thomas was engaged as the Principle Global Energy Advisor for Swanson & Associates. In this transition role, he engaged directly with IOC's, specialty chemical manufactures, and service providers to promote strategy, business growth, production optimization, technology, and talent acquisition.
From 2014 to the end of 2016, Tom was employed with Victrex as the Director of the global energy business unit. In this role, he oversaw the development of thermoplastic and composite solutions with E&P's, oilfield service companies, and industry processors, which contributed to the development, industry recognition, and expansion of 3D printing and fully bonded thermoplastic pipes to replace traditional metallurgy.
Prior to joining Victrex, Tom was employed with Clariant, and held numerous progressive leadership roles within the oil Services business unit spanning 13 years. Positions included Business Director for North America and Strategic Director of Enhanced Oil Recovery. Tom began his career with Clariant Oil Services in 2001 as the Technical Manager for North America in the start-up phase of Clariant's strategic geo-market play.
From 1999 to 2001, Tom was employed by Brenntag where he was responsible for the sales of chemical solutions to oilfield and industrial manufacturers.
During the years 1992 to 1999, Tom was employed by Baker Hughes in a variety of roles including; Deepwater Account Manager, Technical Manager for Asia Pacific, and Global Application Development Specialist.
Tom received his BSc. degree in Chemistry from Sam Houston State University in 1991.
2018 Agenda Highlights
Brand New Focus Areas In 2018: Detailed Approach To Production Chemicals Optimization
> PRE-CONFERENCE TRAINING COURSE & WORKSHOP: JUNE 26
> MAIN TWO-DAY CONFERENCE: JUNE 27 & 28
> HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE DISCUSSIONS ON DAY 1
- Improved Production Chemical Regimes: E&P plans of action & competitive strategies of success to optimize recovery & runtime at a profitable rate
- Maximize The Value Of Your Chemical Program: Correlate chemical cost per gallon and performance to establish the ROI of chemical programs
- New & Innovative Production Chemistries: Optimize chemical selection & injection to treat horizontal wells
- Optimal Injection Rate: Maximize well performance, achieve 100% schedule conformance and avoid over and under injecting
- Chemical Delivery Systems: Ensure chemicals reach optimal downhole depths to treat horizontals
- Smarter Paraffin & Corrosion Management: Tried-and-tested application to inhibit, control & eliminate paraffin
> HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE DISCUSSIONS ON DAY 2
- Optimal Chemical Monitoring Programs: Monitor chemical injection accuracy & timelines and chemical performance
- Monitor & Track Tank & Pump Levels : Know volumes of chemicals being used daily & monthly to avoid over-injection
- Scale Management Strategies : Learn how to manage scale with new chemicals & technologies
- H2S Treatment Strategies : Application of innovative non-Triazine based scavengers
- Unique Chemical Blends: Double and triple combination products to treat paraffin, corrosion, scale and/or H2S simultaneously
- Bacteria & TDS Monitoring & Treatment Regimes: Produced water management from a chemical perspective
- Optimize Chemical Delivery: Batch treatment | Continuous Injectionchieve