Director Marketing, Chemical Solutions,
Ruben is a Chemical Engineer with a PhD inChemEng. from Surrey University and MBA in Oil and Gas from Robert GordonUniversity.
Ruben started as an operations manager in 1996 in South America working in Biofuels,sugar industry and Bio-Ethanol processes. He then moved to the UK in 1998 andgraduated as a PhD in Chemical Engineering from Surrey University in 2003 wherehe then worked as a Research Fellow designing and scaling up PRB (ProcessReactor Barriers) in the SEREBAR project.
In 2005 Ruben moved to Foster Wheeler working on GTL & GTX in the Oryxproject, gaining LNG experience while working in trains 7&8 of Bonny Island(Nigeria). His skills set was noticed by then competitors Shaw Group (Technip)and in 2006 Ruben moved to Shaw group/Technip leading process technologydevelopment, having different assignments such as; Marathon Oil GTL project inHouston scaling up GTL technology.
In 2009 Ruben then joined Gas2 Ltd as Director of Engineering and Applications,managing engineering, marketing & business development for Gas2, dealingwith shareholders, investors, internal and external stakeholders of thebusiness such as TOTAL and PETRONAS, reporting directly to the board ofdirectors and CEO of the company. Ruben also led the fund raising program($20million) for the company. The next 5 years he managed the successful scaleup from lab to construction, operation and commissioning of a GTLrefinery-demonstration plant in Wilton England.
In 2014 Ruben decided to move back to the US with his family and accepted aposition as Global Director of AI (Asset Integrity) RD&E Upstream for NalcoChampion (an Ecolab company) and he is currently in transition to marketingwithin the same business function Asset Integrity.
Highlightsof Ruben's career include;
AtNalco Champion Ruben has lead efforts to increase growth of the innovationportfolio development in AI at Nalco Champion which generated a pipeline ofmore than $114MM in 2016.
2018 Agenda Highlights
Brand New Focus Areas In 2018: Detailed Approach To Production Chemicals Optimization
> PRE-CONFERENCE TRAINING COURSE & WORKSHOP: JUNE 26
> MAIN TWO-DAY CONFERENCE: JUNE 27 & 28
> HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE DISCUSSIONS ON DAY 1
- Improved Production Chemical Regimes: E&P plans of action & competitive strategies of success to optimize recovery & runtime at a profitable rate
- Maximize The Value Of Your Chemical Program: Correlate chemical cost per gallon and performance to establish the ROI of chemical programs
- New & Innovative Production Chemistries: Optimize chemical selection & injection to treat horizontal wells
- Optimal Injection Rate: Maximize well performance, achieve 100% schedule conformance and avoid over and under injecting
- Chemical Delivery Systems: Ensure chemicals reach optimal downhole depths to treat horizontals
- Smarter Paraffin & Corrosion Management: Tried-and-tested application to inhibit, control & eliminate paraffin
> HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE DISCUSSIONS ON DAY 2
- Optimal Chemical Monitoring Programs: Monitor chemical injection accuracy & timelines and chemical performance
- Monitor & Track Tank & Pump Levels : Know volumes of chemicals being used daily & monthly to avoid over-injection
- Scale Management Strategies : Learn how to manage scale with new chemicals & technologies
- H2S Treatment Strategies : Application of innovative non-Triazine based scavengers
- Unique Chemical Blends: Double and triple combination products to treat paraffin, corrosion, scale and/or H2S simultaneously
- Bacteria & TDS Monitoring & Treatment Regimes: Produced water management from a chemical perspective
- Optimize Chemical Delivery: Batch treatment | Continuous Injectionchieve